Zakia Sultana, a resourceful individual with an extensive career of more than 20 years
Principal, Main Branch (Uttara)
Ruksana Jannat Snikdha joined Premier School Dhaka (PSD) in 2009 and effectively accomplished her responsibility as Coordinator for more than two years and finally promoted as the Principal in 2012 to lead the school forward with her usual competence. Previously, she qualified from Dhaka University with an outstanding CGPA in MBA.
Cherished with PSD philosophy, she has applied her superb administrative skills and splendid academic experience to the rewarding task of running the fast emerging Premier School Dhaka. Under her supervision, PSD has already created a fabulous image in the hearts of the existing parents and guardians.
Trainings and Courses Summary
1. ‘JOLLY PHONICS: BRITISH ENGLISH VERSION’ - an online certificate course conducted by CPD College, Ireland, UK
Trainer: Sue Lloyd, Author of Jolly Phonics
Date : November 15, 2021 (duration: 3 months)
2. ‘Jolly Phonics Course’ - an online certificate course conducted by Udemy
Trainer: Dr. Tina Udoji
Date : 18 July 2021
3. ‘Certificate Course on Clinical Mental Health’ - organized by Life Spring
Date : August 03, 2019 - January 18, 2020
4. ‘Leadership Training’ - organized by Partner Schools Global Network (PSGN), administered in cooperation with the British Council
Date : 24 February 2019
5. ‘Introductory Cambridge Primary Global Perspectives (0838)’ - an online certificate course conducted by Cambridge Assessment International Education
Date: 13 February 2019 - 24 March 2019 Credit Hours: 23
6. ‘PYP An introduction to the IB program standards for administrators New to the PYP Cat 1’
Trainer: Ira Ghosh, Head of Primary Years Programme , IB Diploma Programme CAS Co-ordinator, Victorious Kidss Educares
Date : November 23, 2018 - November 25, 2018 in Mumbai, India
7. ‘How Children Learn?’ - an online certificate course conducted by Institute of Child and Human Development (ICHD)
Date : August - October 2017
8. ‘Child Protection Seminar’ organized by British Council
Date : June 15, 2017
9. ‘Time Management’
Trainer: Md. J. Munir (Additional Director, UIU)
Date : May 24, 2017
10. ‘Leadership Certificate in Managerial Communication’
A professional certificate course from IBA, University of Dhaka
Trainer: Saif Noman Khan, Assistant Professor, IBA, University of Dhaka
Date : February 24, 2017-April, 01, 2017 (3 months)
11. ‘Leadership and Motivation for 21st Century School Principals’
Trainer: Professor David Shaw (President-Unicorn ARC)
Date : September 28, 2013
Summary of Trainings Conducted
1. ‘Lesson Plan and CL Technique’
Objective: To understand the key components of a lesson plan and the ways to ensure collaborative learning inside the classroom.
2. ‘Classroom Management’
Objective: To understand the effective ways to control the classroom environment by setting appropriate rules of behavior which facilitates social and emotional growth of students.
3. ‘Multiple Intelligence’
Objective: To understand and identify the unique intelligence and potential of each child.
4. ‘Learning Styles’
Objective: To understand that each child has a dominant learning style and apply effective ways to facilitate his/her learning.
5. ‘Parenting Insights’
Objective: To internalize the concept of Amanah and realize the constructive ways of parenting.
6. ‘Stress Management for Teachers’
Objective: To identify the source of stress and know the essentials to cope and recover.
Principal, Main Branch (Uttara)
Education acquired from abroad, this creative individual had an extensive career of 12 years at top Islamic schools.
She is an expert of EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) curriculum. Also specialist on National Literacy Strategy and National Numeracy Strategy of UK.
She is determined to advance Premier School Dhaka with her outstanding aptitude, paramount sincerity and immense experience both in academics and administration.
Few of recent achievements:
- 'Certificate on Clinical Mental Health', ( six month course organised by 'LifeSpring')
- 'Leadership' and 'Effective teaching and Learning' (Training programs organized by British Council)
Principal, Mirpur Branch
Qualified from Chittagong University Mishahim Ahmed started her career in academic sector in 2000. She developed her expertise in preschool and primary sections and worked at a number of reputed islamic schools in Dhaka and Chittagong.
She is the the first Junior Section Coordinator of Premier School Dhaka and from 2015 she has shouldered the responsibility of the Mirpur Branch of PSD as Section-in-Charge/Branch Principal.
Principal, Mohammadpur Branch
Zakia Sultana, a resourceful individual with an extensive career of more than 20 years at top schools in Dhaka has joined as Principal (Branch Head) at the Mohammadpur Campus of Premier School Dhaka. Qualified from University of Dhaka (BA and MA in English Literature), she started her career in 1998. Besides her career in academic arena, she obtained Cambrige University International Diploma and completed TESOL at North South University. She is determined to advance Premier School Dhaka forward with her proficient mastery, earnest sincerity and massive experience both in academics and administration.